- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Abingdon Elementary Fifth Graders Experiment with States of Matter!
Wed, October 4, 2017
Fifth graders at AES have been having fun learning about states of matter. They have been observing and investigating matter changing between solids, liquids, and gases. They even watched teachers demonstrate changing gas to solid and solid to liquid to gas to plasma and back!
They were amazed! The fifth graders made some new materials from Styrofoam using secret liquids. They also used Pop Rocks to feel carbon dioxide gas change to a liquid state. Lastly, the students had fun exploring a crazy colloid that would not stay in one state of matter. The fifth graders learned that matter is super fun to play with while learning at the same time!