- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Computer Science Classes Excite Students at Meadowview and Rhea Valley Elementary Schools
Tue, November 21, 2017
Meadowview and Rhea Valley Elementary Schools are using Code.org’s K-5 Intro to Computer Science course to introduce students to computer science.
This elementary school curriculum was developed to allow even the youngest students to explore the limitless world of computing. The courses blend online, self-guided and self-paced tutorials, and will give students the opportunity to learn or develop basic computer programming skills, critical thinking skills, creativity, and perseverance.
The program was started by teachers at both schools, creating classes on Code.org, and enrolling their students to give each access to the appropriate skill level, kindergarten through fifth grades. Students then attended grade level assemblies to introduce them to the course. Information was also presented about computer science and the importance of technology in modern society.