- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Fourth Graders at GES Practice Some Sticky Math!
Thu, March 26, 2015
Students in Mrs. Belcher's fourth grade math class are reviewing straight figures, polygons, and 3-D shapes with marshmallows and toothpicks! Each marshmallow represents a vertex point and each toothpick represents an edge.
Students worked together in small groups to construct parallel line segments, perpendicular segments, angles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, heptagons, octagons, nonagons, decagons, cubes, pyramids, and prisms. Each group presented the collections constructed and described each creation. Students have also learned many geometry songs and created a polygon video (to a familiar Taylor Swift song) and an Angle Rap. If you come to our classroom, you can also enjoy "Rockin' the Standards" parallel and perpendicular tune and our favorite.....Right, Acute, Obtuse (to the tune YMCA!) Remember, the best angle in math is the "TRY"angle!