- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
HHS Freshmen Learn Teamwork at River's Way
Tue, October 21, 2014
River's Way Outdoor Adventure Park in Bluff City, Tennessee hosted a selected group of Holston High School Freshmen at their facility. Director Bryan Ulrich led the students on the "high ropes course", which takes students between sixty to seventy feet above the ground.
Most of the students were able to make it to the top level and ride the swing down. The trip centered around the themes of teamwork, effort, and self confidence. The best part of the ropes event was the encouragement that students gave to each other when they saw someone begin to doubt whether they could make it to the next level.
The trip is part of four events that River's Way holds with the Holston Freshmen. There are two team building events held on the grounds at HHS, the ropes course, and the culminating event-----a caving trip in the Spring. The trip was sponsored by the Justin Foundation.