- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
High Point Elementary Students Name Fact Families!
Fri, October 7, 2016
Students in Mrs. Miller’s and Mrs. Ratliff’s third grade math classes have been learning about related facts. They used their names to create their very own name fact family.
Students counted the digits in their first name to get one number and the digits in their last name to get the second number. Students then added both numbers together to get the sum, or
the answer to an addition problem. With these numbers they were able to create two addition and two subtraction related facts. They used construction paper to create a foldable of their related facts. Students also discussed and used math vocabulary while making them. Some of the words included were: addend, sum, commutative property of addition, and related facts. Students were able to keep these in their binders to have as a visual reminder of related facts.