- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
High Point First Grade Celebrates Gingerbread Week!
Mon, March 16, 2015
During the first week of December this year, students in Mrs. Egan’s first grade class celebrated Gingerbread Week. The students read a variety of books about gingerbread characters including “Gingerbread Baby”, “Gingerbread Pirates”, “Gingerbread Mouse”, and “The Gingerbread Girl”.
They compared and contrasted the story lines, characters, and settings of each book and, at the end of the week, picked their favorite book. Students wrote about their favorite book and then created their own gingerbread story. The gingerbread theme was also present during math time through the week. Students reviewed their addition and subtraction skills with gingerbread activities. They also created a gingerbread glyph with facts about themselves. The week culminated in making a gingerbread craft while snacking on gingerbread cookies! What a yummy week at High Point Elementary!