- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Holt is Holston High School's Teacher of the Year
Wed, April 1, 2015
After serving the nation in the United States Army for 3 years, Joshua Holt has returned to teach Earth Science at Holston High School. Mr Holt originally taught at Holston during the 2009-10 school year. He served then, as he does now, as an assistant football coach.
Prior to coming to Holston, he taught for three years at John Battle where he also worked with the football program and served as head coach for the girls track team.
Mr. Holt has brought innovation into the classroom and strives to make learning a fun experience. He has introduced his students to Kahoot, an interactive learning game wherein he con insert review questions for students as they prepare for tests. He also uses Aurasma, an interactive application that allows students to click on a picture and locate a video related to the topic they are studying. Students use their mobile devices to access Kahoot and Aurasma.
Mr. Holt, along with his wife and two sons, makes his home in Bristol. Holston's faculty and staff appreciate his service to the nation and his dedication to innovative teaching.