- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
School Days at Watauga
Fri, September 26, 2014
For the fifth year, Watauga Elementary School students and their families, along with teachers and the entire staff, were unified by a shared experience; the One School, One Book program.
The book selected for this year was School Days According to Humphrey. To kick off this years’ read, the Knoxville Zoomobile brought the entire school together to see four live animals and learn about some of the special adaptations wildlife use to survive in their habitats. During the days that followed, pet crates housing toy hamsters went home with different students each night. The students wrote about taking care of Humphrey and his adventures at their homes. The next day, the students shared their experiences with the class.
Previous years' books have been, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh, The World According to Humphrey, The Cricket in Time Square, and The of the Swan. The One School, One Book program is designed to create a shared reading experience and help students develop a lifelong love of reading.