- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Third Graders at Greendale Elementary Design Greek Vases and Practice Creative Writing
Thu, October 2, 2014
Third graders in Mrs. Lutzo’s class are working hard to improve their writing skills. Students build their writing folders by collecting helpful writing tips and guides from Mrs. Lutzo and use these to make their own writing better.
The students edit their writing using basic editing tools and they determine what elements make good writings through discussions in class.
Recently, Mrs. Lutzo’s students learned that Ancient Greeks used pictures and patterns on vases to tell stories about everyday life. Using a program on the computer, students designed their own vase masterpieces and then wrote, edited and revised their creative writings reflecting the stories on their vases.