Employee Assistance Program
Employee Assistance Program for 2019 - 2020
Life can present challenges that may be hard to handle alone. To help you manage in difficult times, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers free services for you and all members of your household. Services are confidential. This means when you contact the EAP, no information about you or your concern is shared with the company, including your supervisor or manager. You can access services anytime during the year.
How It Works
The EAP provides:
- Counseling support (24 hours a day/7 days a week) … to talk about a family matter, stress at work or a personal problem by phone
- In-person counseling ... to talk with a trained professional face-to-face about a problem
- Immediate help during a crisis … for quick and effective emotional support
- Referrals to local resources … for information and assistance on a wide range of topics
- Help to balance work and family life … such as working-parent issues, handling conflicts in the workplace and effective time-management
- Discounts and referrals … to help you save time and money on acupuncture, massage therapy, chiropractors, vitamins and more
When to Call … The EAP can help with everyday concerns and in a crisis situation. It’s a good idea to call before a concern becomes a serious problem. When you call, you will speak to a trained professional who will ask questions to help assess your needs. Depending on the type of service you need, you may be referred for in-person counseling. When you need help, call toll-free.
When to Go Online … You can find more services to help you, including help locating a child or elder care provider in your area. You can also get support to improve your emotional well-being and productivity and resources to support your family, health and wellness and daily living needs.
You can contact us at 1-800-346-5484 or online at www.AnthemEAP.com. In-network providers are listed with contact information and maps. You can also call 1-800-346-5484 for help finding a provider.
EAP provides assistance with:
- Financial and legal counseling services
- Stress management
- Relationship and family concerns
- Alcohol and drug issues
- Grief counseling
- Stress management
- Depression and anxiety
- Childcare and elder care needs
- Elder care locator services