WCS Steps for Concussion Management**:
- Identify the potential head injury and remove from play immediately.
- Contact your ATC if he/she is not present.
- If ATC cannot respond, the athlete must be transported to an Urgent Care or ER, immediately for evaluation by a Licensed Health Care Professional (LHCP).
- The injured athlete is NOT to drive him or herself.
- The Coach will complete the Head Injury Report and follow the proper channels of reporting within 24 hours of the incident.
- LHCP documentation with diagnoses are to be given to the superivising Coach for submission.
- A LHCP is required to clear the athlete in writing prior to return or gradual return to play.
- The athlete will complete the 5-day Gradual Return 2 Play once the release note is received and the athlete is 100% asymptomatic prior to beginning regular activities.
- Upon successful completion of the 5-day Gradual Return to Play, the coaching staff will receive confirmation that all paperwork has been received before the athlete can continue.
**This is an abbreviated outline of the WCS Concussion Policy JJAC.