- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Online Services
The Local Plan for Gifted Education
Virginia state law requires that each division develop and carry out a plan for gifted education. Copies of the Local Plan for the Education of the Gifted (2018-2023) (PDF Format - (Adobe Reader Link) are also available in each school.
Services for gifted education include:
In-class differentiation – Teachers have been trained through professional development programs and graduate level classes to provide different opportunities within the classroom to address appropriate and challenging instruction for all students, including gifted students.
In-school enrichment – Individual schools have unique enrichment opportunities based on student interest and school expertise and interest. These programs include both during-school and after-school activities.
Advanced classes, A. Linwood Holton Governor's School, the VDOE Virtual Advanced Placement School, advanced placement classes, dual credit opportunities, and Associate Degree in Arts and Sciences in General Studies.
Felicia Sikes is the Gifted Coordinator for all schools in the division. The Gifted Coordinator's responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the screening, referral and evaluation of students for gifted services. This includes testing.
- Assisting schools with differentiation and enrichment programs
- Providing Professional Development programs for staff
Each school has a coordinator (some schools share the position) whose responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the evaluation process
- Developing and coordinating enrichment programs
- Working with county facilitators and faculty to assist in differentiation in the classroom.