- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Abingdon Elementary and The Great Kindness Challenge
Fri, February 6, 2015
Abingdon Elementary students proudly participated in The Great Kindness Challenge beginning January 26-30, 2015. The Great Kindness Challenge is a positive, proactive bullying prevention initiative, reaching millions of students during the last full week of January every year.
Each day of The Great Kindness Challenge students wore a theme to show their commitment to being kind. Monday- Kick into gear and help somebody near: Wear different color socks and shoes, Tuesday-Powered by kindness: Dress like your favorite superhero, Wednesday-Hats off for kindness: Wear your favorite hat, Thursday – Score points by helping others: Wear Sports attire, Friday – Crazy for kindness: Wear crazy hair.
Faculty and Staff highlighted and encouraged all acts of kindness at school, home, and everywhere. Students who were caught being kind to others at school were entered into a drawing each day for fun prizes. Many students took pride in performing as many kind deeds as they could in one week. AES is proud of our students and hopes the Kindness Challenge will have a lasting effect.