- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Abingdon Elementary School Fifth Graders Visit the Biltmore!
Tue, November 28, 2017
On November 3, 2017 the Abingdon Elementary Fifth Graders took a field trip to The Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC as a culminating activity to their novel study of Serafina and the Black Cloak by Robert Beatty.
What an amazing experience it was to see the setting of the story come to life! The students were able to see where Serafina, the main character, would have walked and explored the mysteries of the Biltmore. In addition to reading the novel, the students learned about the history and unique details of the Biltmore Estate. Another exciting part of the trip was that the students got to see the Biltmore decorated for Christmas. Everyone had a wonderful time!
Megan de Nobriga