- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent and Student Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Virginia School Climate Reports
- Virginia School Quality Profiles
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Abingdon Elementary School Has a Big Heart for the House!
Wed, April 1, 2015
Abingdon Elementary students raised money for the Ronald McDonald House by selling hearts to family and friends for $1 each. This year we raised $2,012. Ms. Crum’s third grade class sold the most, 515 hearts. Ms. A. Johnson’s first graders and Ms. Gray’s fourth graders placed second and third.
The school’s top seller was Daniel F., he sold 450 hearts. Kingston H. earned second place by selling 285 hearts and Ella B. sold 100 hearts, coming in third.
The Heart for the House project raises money to provide affordable housing for family of children receiving medical treatment. The project also raises awareness of the benefits provided by the Ronald McDonald House Charities. Some families and students in our school have stayed in a Ronald McDonald House and know first-hand the importance of a “home away from home”.
Teachers used this project to supplement math skills. The hearts were displayed on the classroom walls. Students counted, used fractions, graphs and estimation as they competed with other classrooms to see who sold the most hearts. Everyone has a big heart at AES!