- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Abingdon Elementary Third-Graders are Learning through Hands-On Science!
Wed, October 8, 2014
Abingdon Elementary School welcomed guest speaker Dr. Christine Fleet. Dr. Fleet is a professor of Biology at Emory & Henry College- but more importantly-she is parent to our own third-grader, T.R. She brought many plants from the E & H greenhouse so students could learn about their habitats, environments, and adaptations.
AES students examined Venus Fly Traps, Dragon plants, fern, and Elephant Ears, as well as, many native and nonnative species. All 3rd graders have been learning about the ocean, desert, tropical rainforest, and forest ecosystems around the world. Earlier in the school year, all 3rd graders in the county enjoyed a field trip to a Conservation Camp at Sugar Hollow Park.