- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent and Student Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Virginia School Climate Reports
- Virginia School Quality Profiles
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Abingdon High School Learn About Medical Services on Club Day!
Mon, December 15, 2014
The Washington County Life Saving Crew provides Emergency Medical Services throughout the Washington County, VA area. On November 25, club day at Abingdon High School, crew members, Jill South-Intermediate, Ciara Tilton-Intermediate, Emma Tilton-EMT, and Katie Mattox-EMT spoke to the school's Pre-Med Club. These Crew members spoke to the students on the numerous options in the EMS field to earn a degree.
One suggestion was given to the students to volunteer at a local agency while earning an EMT certificate. This can provide the option to earn hands-on experience that many colleges and medical schools look for in their applicants. This also gives students insight in to the medical field atmosphere, if that is something they envision for a career. The students were then given a tour of one of the newest ambulances, Unit 54, and were shown equipment and supplies used in emergency situations.
The Pre-Med Club is comprised of 76 Abingdon High School students who are all interested in majoring or minoring in a medical degree. This club was created to prepare and help educate students for a career in medicine, by providing local healthcare professionals in our community the opportunity to come speak and give advice on preparing students for their career path. Additional speakers this year have been Falcon Pharmacy owners, Kevin and April Woods. The Pre-Med Club would like to thank all our speakers this year and look forward to many more. Club sponsors are Nurse Paula Nichols and Coach Chase Nunley.