- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Bloodmobile Makes Return Trip to HHS
Thu, February 9, 2017
Holston High School has established itself as a major donor hub for blood donations. On Monday, January 16, 2017, the Future Business Leaders of America sponsored the spring blood drive. Student volunteers and donors were treated to breakfast that morning.
FBLA students and many other students and faculty stepped up to give blood. In keeping with their usual practice, the bloodmobile staff showed appreciation to the donors by giving them snacks, soft drinks, and a commemorative tee shirt. Any individual over the age of 15 could donate as long as they had parent permission. In total, there were 40 units collected. Each unit has the potential to serve 3 individuals. This means that the Holston effort could affect as many as 120 people who need blood.
Volunteers included senior Brianna V. and junior Summer C. Together they said: "Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something..Donate Blood". Sophomore Lizzie G. thought that, "Donating was really, really neat."
The FBLA would like to thank all those who again made the blood drive a success. Holston appreciates the bloodmobile and its staff, the FBLA, and teacher Sammy Campbell for coordinating the event.