- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Virginia School Climate Reports
- Virginia School Quality Profiles
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Culinary Arts Bake the Competition at District SkillsUSA
Wed, April 20, 2016
Culinary Arts students recently competed in the annual District VIII SkillsUSA Commercial Baking competition. The competition was a timed event requiring each student to prepare multiple baked items including: yeast breads, muffins, cakes, pies, cookies and muffins.
Students were also required to decorate a themed cake. This year, the theme was Easter. The competitors had to produce a cake with icing, flowers with leaves and borders, and complete it with "Happy Easter" somewhere on the cake.
The competition's purpose is to evaluate each contestant's preparation for employment, as well as recognize outstanding students for excellence and professionalism in the commercial baking field.
Washington County Culinary Arts students competed against other students in the district for the win. The winners were: Taylor P., a first-year Culinary student for first place; Kimberly M., a first-year Culinary student for second place; Savannah L., a second-year Culinary student for third place.
Congratulations to these three ladies and their accomplishment! Taylor P. will advance to the state level competition in Fredericksburg.