- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Damascus Middle School’s Sixth-Grade Chorus Presents Program!
Tue, October 7, 2014
On Monday, September 22, students in Ms. Sue Spirup’s sixth-grade Chorus Exploratory class entertained us with songs from the past. During the six-week class, Ms. Spirup followed the scope and sequence of the social studies curriculum, and the students learned songs from pre-Civil War times through the Civil War and Westward Expansion.
The program opened with Francis Scott Key’s “The Star Spangled Banner” and included light-hearted songs like “Goober Peas,” as well as more serious war-time songs like “The Battle Hymn of the Republic.” Students who performed were as follows: Sam A., Hayley B., Bryce C., Stacy D., Kaiden F., William F., Kay Leigh H., Austin L., Kayla M., Aspen P., and Christian W. Through this unit, students were able to expand not only their musical awareness but also their social studies knowledge.