- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Damascus Middle School Agriscience Class Makes Ice Cream!
Fri, October 31, 2014
Damascus Middle School’s seventh-grade Agriscience exploratory class explored the inside of the Dairy Industry on Thursday, October 9 by following a recipe to make ice cream.
To make this delicious treat, the students mixed together 1/2 cup of milk, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of milk in a small bag. In a larger bag, 4 cups of ice and a handful of ice cream salt were added. The two bags were put together, and the students shook the milk mixture until the mixture began to become slushy. Dominick R. noted that the process of making ice cream was “easy, except for when you had to shake it up, because your hands got cold!” The students enjoyed the labors of their hard work—delicious vanilla ice cream!