- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Damascus Middle School Chorus Exploratory Class Brightens the Day!
Tue, December 16, 2014
On Monday, November 3, the second group of sixth-graders to take Chorus Exploratory concluded their class with a performance. Chorus teacher Ms. Sue Spirup and her student teacher Mr. Dennis continued the musical trip through time with selections that followed the scope and sequence of the sixth-grade social studies curriculum.
Included in the performance were two cowboy songs sung in tribute to the West; a Native American song voiced by a chief pleading with his descendants to seek education to combat their difficulties; and two songs by the great twentieth-century composers Irving Berlin and George Gershwin. The crowd favorite was “You Are My Sunshine,” which concluded with everyone singing along! The peppy performers who brought some sunshine to a dreary November day were as follows: Tristan A., Becca B., Bailey D., Tyler D., Joshua H., Coltin P., Cameron R., Logan S., and Alex W.