- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Damascus Middle School Honors Veterans!
Thu, January 22, 2015
On Tuesday, November 11, students, faculty, and staff at Damascus Middle School honored veterans of the armed forces with a special program organized by our social studies teachers. The program included a welcome by SCA president Anna-Blake W., the Pledge of Allegiance led by Drew W., “The Star Spangled Banner” performed by our eighth-grade band, and a Moment of Silence for the Fallen with “Taps” played by Mr. Bob Ballengee.
The guest speaker was Lt. Col. James Blevins, a decorated veteran who stressed the importance of always showing patriotism for our country, never being afraid to stand up for what one believes in, and continuing to be appreciative of the service of veterans. He noted that the sacrifice and hardship of veterans produces a legacy which inspires others to volunteer in the armed forces. A touching slideshow tribute featuring photographs of veterans who are related to members of the Damascus Middle School community concluded the program. The Damascus Middle School cafeteria provided the veterans in attendance with a delicious lunch. To take this time to reflect upon and honor those who have sacrificed for our freedom is indeed the purpose of Veterans Day.