- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Damascus Middle School Spanish Students Explore Picasso’s Art!
Thu, November 6, 2014
Students in Ms. Dalia Obregon’s seventh-grade Spanish Exploratory class recently colored a beautiful mural based on a compilation of some of the best artwork done by Spanish artist Pablo Picasso.
The students learned that Picasso was one of the creators of the Cubism movement who also painted more realist paintings at different times of his life, known as his "Blue Period", "Rose Period", and "Classical Period." And from 1927 onward, Picasso focused on a movement known as "Surrealism." After studying the artist, the students focused on his art. The students demonstrated real teamwork on this project, as they each took a section of the larger picture and colored away! Morgan C., Alexis G., Elizabeth H., Ashley J., Jordan K., Evan S., Baylee T., and Dawson V., all thought it was a fun and cool project to do!