- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent and Student Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Virginia School Climate Reports
- Virginia School Quality Profiles
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Holston High School | Parlimentary Procedure Team Competes Nationally
Tue, November 20, 2018
Holston FFA members traveled to Indianapolis, IN to compete in the National FFA Parliamentary Procedure Leadership Development Event (LDE) during the week of October 23-26, 2018. The event was held in conjunction with the 91st National FFA Convention & Expo in Indianapolis.
Members of the Holston FFA that competed were Trayton M., Hunter T., Rylee T., Maddie M., Baylee T., Logan B., and Allie C. The team, coached by FFA Advisor Lawrence Cox, placed first in the Virginia LDE in April which earned them the right to compete at the national event.
The National FFA Parliamentary Procedure LDE tests students' ability to effectively communicate ideas during a meeting. Components included a general knowledge exam of parliamentary law, a 10 minute demonstration of parliamentary procedure, oral questions, written minutes of the demonstration as well as a team problem solving activity. Each team competed on local and state levels to earn the privilege of representing their state at the National FFA Convention & Expo.
The event, held at the Hyatt Regency and Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, is one of many educational activities at the National FFA Convention & Expo in which FFA members practice the lessons taught in local
agricultural education classes.