- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Holston Student is Making a Big Difference
Mon, October 13, 2014
Isabella M., a freshman at HHS, has launched a school-wide recycling project. She has placed blue recycling cans at key points in the building for students and teachers to deposit their plastic bottles. She accessed community help in the project, as she persuaded the Abingdon Lowe's Home Improvement Store to contribute the blue collection cans.
She empties all the cans twice a week, gathering two 50 pound bags of plastic bottles. These items are removed from the waste stream.
Isabella would like to expand her recycling effort to include aluminum in the future. She would also like to try some art projects that feature the use of her bottles. She also hopes to create some promotional posters to make everyone in the building aware of the value of recycling.