- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Olympic Sport Introduced at High Point Elementary
Thu, April 16, 2015
Handball, an Olympic Sport was introduced to 4th and 5th graders during P.E. at High Point Elementary School. Students were so excited to learn and play this new game.
Goals are scored quite frequently with a goal at the center of each side of the gym. Goals are worth one point and must be scored by throwing the ball into the goal outside the goalie zone. The game is very fast pace as the defense tries to stop the offense from approaching their goal. The offense must dribble and can pass the ball to a team member as they move towards the goal.
Men’s handball was first played at the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin, and then reintroduced in the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, and has been an Olympics sport since. Team Handball was a hit in P.E. class!