- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Patrick Henry High School | "To Map or Not to Map"
Tue, September 4, 2018
Before beginning a study of William Shakespeare's The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark, students in Mrs. Burke's speech and drama class created over-sized character maps.
Students were divided into groups, given a character list, and asked to infer relationships among characters based on the descriptions given in the character list from The Folger Shakespeare Library Edition of Hamlet. The groups then created a visual character map that examined the connections between the characters. Groups then compared and contrasted their inferences. Throughout the next weeks, students will read and discuss the play and make alterations to their maps as needed.