- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Students and teachers were delighted to have the Tail Waggin' Tutors for an exciting visit to promote reading.
Wed, December 10, 2014
Abingdon High School Library hosted the visitation of Therapy Dogs International Tail Waggin’ Tutors on Monday, November 24. This event was also supported by Highlands Educational Literacy Program.
Volunteer handlers shared their dogs with students and described the TDI literacy initiative of joining dogs with young people to promote reading. In addition, students learned how TDI dogs and handlers provide comfort and companionship to patients in hospitals, nursing homes, colleges, and other institutions where Therapy Dogs are needed. Speed dating books, joyous smiles, and lots of “dog-loving” companionship made for a true celebration of literacy! Thanks to Virginia Hollifield and Marywood Sparks in the AHS Library for hosting this event.