- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Third Grade Math at Valley Institute Elementary is SWEET!
Fri, February 16, 2018
Valley Institute 3rd graders celebrated sweet success on Valentines Day. Each student was provided a box of candy hearts.
In addition to reviewing fractions (writing fractions to represent models, adding and subtracting fractions with like denominators, comparing fractions) students measured different amounts of candy hearts in centimeters and inches to locate common objects within the classroom to relate the length. Last but not least, students were asked to to use their data collection to create addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division story problems for one another to solve. Fractions, Measurement, and Math are SUPER SWEET!