- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Valley Institute Elementary School Gifted Students are Brain Ready!
Thu, November 9, 2017
The GATE students at Valley Institute have been busy learning all they can about the human brain. Students have been conducting research, collecting data, and finding out all the ways the human brain helps them learn!
Students learned that there are billions of neurons that control the human brain and that all students are either left brained, right brained, or a little of both. Students also found out what areas of the brain control daily functions. They even explored the brain by looking at images of what learning looks like in the human brain. Students collaborated with each other during gifted resource education throughout the school day. The extended learning project proved to be a no-brainer!