- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Virginia School Climate Reports
- Virginia School Quality Profiles
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Wallace Middle School Robotics Team Makes an Impressive Debut
Thu, March 29, 2018
Two teams from Wallace Middle School were introduced to the fun and excitement of science and technology by participating in the Regional First LEGO League competition held at the Southwest Virginia Higher Ed Center on November 11.
Their goal was to program an autonomous robot using a LEGO robot to score points on a thematic playing surface, create innovative solutions to a problem, and to follow the program’s signature Core Values.
The two teams competed at the regional level in November, both taking home awards. The Octobots won 2nd place in the Robot Performance category and the Judges Award, and the Trobots came in 2nd for the Champion Award advancing them to the VA/DC First LEGO League State Competition held in Harrisonburg at James Madison University on December 2 and 3.
The team, coached by Shannon Mutter and Susan Logan, consists of nine members: Madison Spencer, Allison Laughlin, Jazlyn Grizzel, Benji Shaffer, Kainan Myers, Nick Freeman, Morgan Widener, Noah Cunningham, and Tyler Mercer. At the state level, the team was ranked 17th individually out of 108 teams which is quite remarkable for a first-year team. Congratulations to both teams on a job well done!