- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Wallace Middle School "Skittles and Number and Number Sense"
Fri, December 5, 2014
Sixth grade mathematics students recently investigated and described the relationship between ratios, fractions, decimals, and percents. Each group identified the number of colors inside a packet of skittles.
Every student completed a chart comparing the colors of the skittles to the total package. They wrote their answers in ratio form comparing part to whole. Student then represented their results as a decimal and a percent. Lastly they drew pictures on a 10 by 10 grid and graphed their results. After each group finished the class compared answers. It appears that you can expect a fun size pack of skittles to have around 17 candies and the color red will have the highest ratio.