- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
WES First Graders Make Creature Catchers!
Fri, November 11, 2016
First grade students at Watauga Elementary were challenged to create "creature catchers" after a week long investigation of spiders. During this STEM activity, students worked in teams to create a contraption that would trap a plastic spider when dropped from above.
The students were given pipe cleaners, string, scissors, and tape to devise their creature catcher. After the creature catchers were put to the test, the class discussed why they thought some creature catchers worked and why some did not. The students concluded the creature catchers that resembled a spider web were most efficient at catching spiders.