- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Online Services
Child Nutrition Programs
- On-Line application is not available at this time. Please check back after July 16, 2018.
- Charge Policy - is going before the board for possible revision on July 30th.
Washington County Virginia Public Child Nutrition Department is committed to protecting and enhancing children’s health and well-being. Nutrition influences a child’s development, lifelong health status, and potential for learning.
School Nutrition achieves these goals by providing students with nutritious and appetizing meals served courteously, in a sanitary and pleasant dining environment. School Nutrition is an integral part of the school learning environment. Nutrition education activities in the classrooms and the dining rooms support the comprehensive health education program.
School Nutrition Balance Notifications
Please note, if you wish not to receive call notifications regarding your student’s meal account balance please request a refund to zero your account out. Student accounts that are used from time to time please keep at least a $5.00 balance in the account at all times to avoid receiving calls. You may also go into the Parent Portal and un-check School Nutrition if you do not wish to receive calls. However, if you choose this option you will not be able to receive messages from School Nutrition.
During inclement weather the menus posted may vary from day to day until such time as we are able to get back onto our regular schedule. Please check with your school Cafeteria if you have questions.
Please Note: Due to the increasing and fluctuating costs in the Produce Market there may be some substitutions made to our published menus for fruits and vegetables. Please bear this in mind when you are helping your students to make their menu selections. Thank you.
- 2018 Summer Feeding Menu (PDF Format - (Adobe Reader Link)
- May 2018 Elementary Menu (PDF Format - (Adobe Reader Link)
- May 2018 Middle Menu (PDF Format - (Adobe Reader Link)
- May 2018 High Menu (PDF Format - (Adobe Reader Link)
- April 2018 Elementary Menu (PDF Format - (Adobe Reader Link)
- April 2018 Middle Menu (PDF Format - (Adobe Reader Link)
- April 2018 High Menu (PDF Format - (Adobe Reader Link)
- May 2018 Nutrition Nuggets (PDF Format - (Adobe Reader Link)
- April 2018 Nutrition Nuggets (PDF Format - (Adobe Reader Link)
Teen Food and Fitness
- May 2018 Teen Food and Fitness (PDF Format - (Adobe Reader Link)
- April 2018 Teen Food and Fitness (PDF Format - (Adobe Reader Link)
NON –DISCRIMINATION STATEMENT:
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: email@example.com. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.