- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent and Student Portal
- Registration and Admission
- Virginia School Climate Reports
- Virginia School Quality Profiles
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Profile Of Staff
Washington County Public Schools employ approximately:
600+ Professional Teaching Staff
300+ Support Staff
300+ Substitute Teachers
50+ Temporary Workers
150+ Other full time exempt employees
The teachers, administrators, and support staff of Washington County Public Schools are competent, well-trained and dedicated to educational excellence. Nearly half of the professional staff holds advanced degrees. The system provides a quality educational experience for all students.
Many teachers in Washington County go the extra mile to ensure a first rate education for Washington County students. Teachers participate in educational conferences, classes, instructional seminars, and numerous in-service programs. The staff gives extra time before and after school working with programs in music, drama, literary arts, math, science, interscholastic sports, and numerous other student activities.
Because the school system generally maintains pupil-teacher ratios below those set forth by the Virginia Department of Education, Washington County teachers can give students the personal attention necessary for an outstanding educational experience.
Principals encourage regular parent-teacher conferences to discuss individual student’s progress and performance in an attempt to ensure that school and home are working as a team toward excellent education for each child. These conferences give parents the opportunity to meet one-on-one with the teacher and the principal.